About the Institute
The Institute is a £25m initiative to promote needs-led health technology research and innovation, providing end-to-end support for translation into practice, and acting as an external flagship for the University’s rapidly expanding health technology portfolio.
A unique partnership between the University, NHS, business and local government, it forms an important part of the Greater Manchester health innovation ecosystem, working together to translate world-leading research into new products and services.
Building on the University’s research strengths in digital technology and advanced materials, the Institute develops innovative solutions to pressing health and care challenges, fostering new collaborations, improving lives and catalysing growth in the health innovation business sector.
Through our partners we will:
- Build a community of practice around health technology, engaging with companies, care providers, funders, charities, patient groups, and academics from across the spectrum of disciplines.
- Engage with care providers, commissioners, clinicians, patients and businesses to understand health and care needs and opportunities.
- Bring together scientists, engineers, clinicians, patients, and businesses to co-create innovative solutions to real health and care needs.
- Broker new partnerships and collaborations across health and care providers, clinicians, academic researchers and business, and provide access to seed-corn funding.
- Provide comprehensive support across the translational pathway, providing advice on applicability, funding, health economics, regulation, clinical trials, commercialisation and deployment.